That nip in the morning air tells us that Autumn has arrived! We love this season and the beautiful colours it brings. Take time to enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets and capture the moments. Autumn really is the perfect time to explore the colourful Kingdom.
Here are our #FifeFive Autumn highlights:
1. Fancy a bit of stargazing? You can if you visit St Andrews Observatory where you'll see the biggest telescope in the UK in action! Open the first Wednesday of every month between 7-9pm.
2. Dark nights create the perfect atmosphere for a Witchery tour! There's one in St Andrews where you can shriek with fright and scream with laughter as you are regaled with tales of history and folklore! Suitable for kids too.
3. How about a distillery tour to warm you up? Pay a pilgrimage to Fife's newest distillery Lindores Abbey Distillery (opening early Oct) where there was the first recorded written evidence of whisky distillation. Or if you're in the East Neuk, pop in to Kingsbarns Distillery for a whisky or Darnley's Gin tour. Spoilt for choice, further along the road, there's also Eden Mill who offer beer, whisky and gin tours!
4. Visit the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship in St Andrews 5-8th Oct , one of the world’s leading golf events. The event is free, apart from the final day, and even if you're not a golfer, you'll enjoy the atmosphere and celebrity spotting of course!
5. Get wrapped up and explore one of Fife's fantastic 126 parks. Tentsmuir is one of our favourites, where forest and beach collide give you the best of both worlds. If you're looking for something indoors, there are loads of family friendly attractions to keep everyone happy including the recently opened Dunfermline Carnegie Library and Galleries, the Secret Bunker, Deep Sea World and many more.
We'd love to hear your #FifeFive #loveFifeAutumn moments!