There’s so much to do in the Kingdom of Fife, so why not treat Dads this Father’s Day.
We've got a few ideas for you, but for more inspiration why not visit our Things to Do pages.
- If your Dad likes a dram, then he’ll love a visit to one of Fife's distillieries. Choose from Kingsbarns Distillery or Lindores Abbey Distillery, where the first recorded evidence of whisky distillation was recorded back in 1494. They're also holding a BBQ in the Courtyard event on Sun 16th and will be serving Aqua Vitae cocktails. If beer or gin’s more his tipple, then head to Eden Mill or Darnley's Gin at Kingsbarns.
- Treat him to a slap up lunch or dinner at one of Fife’s many award-winning eateries. Did you know Fife has two Michelin starred restaurants – The Cellar in Anstruther and The Peat Inn near St Andrews. Or if you’re meeting for a coffee, there’s a plethora of cafes and quaint tea shops worth a visit. Click here for list of Cafes and Coffee Shops
- If he’s a bit of an adrenaline junkie, why not book a driving experience at Knockhill Racing Circuit – Scotland’s national motorsport centre. Or grab a ticket for the Japanese Car Show on 15-16th June?
- A golfer? Then he’ll be right at home in the Home of Golf! Choose to play on over 50 courses in the region. You could offer to caddy for him! If he wants to play the famous Old Course, then encourage him to enter the daily ballot. No play on a Sunday though…that’s the day where you are free to walk across this iconic course.
- Why not treat him to a voucher for Cluny Activities - one of Scotland's leading outdoor activity centres near Kirkcaldy – where he’ll be able to enjoy clay target shooting, Segway driving , archery, air-rifle shooting or hit some balls at the driving range.
- Surprise him with a boat trip to the Isle of May…perfect time to see the puffins! Did you know the island is home to over 46,200 pairs of puffins and 200,000 seabirds! It’s also home to Scotland’s oldest bird observatory. A great day out!
- Everyone loves a Highland Games...right? Why not enjoy a fun filled day at the Cupar Highland Games.