St Andrews Botanic Garden is a wonderful oasis, close to the centre of the town.
contact detailsTel: 01334 476452
The Original Botanic Garden was founded by the University of St. Andrews in 1889 in the precincts of St. Mary's College.
The current garden includes about 8000 species of ferns, herbaceous plants, shrubs and trees. Some are native to Scotland and some grow wild in other regions of the world.
The Garden runs a wide variety of talks and workshops throughout the year for all ages.