St Paul’s RC Church
St Paul’s RC Church in Glenrothes opened on 30 June 1958 and uses a particularly innovative design which was achieved on a limited budget. It is a seminal example of modern church architecture, and one of Scotland's most significant post-war churches, and was the first to break with the traditional rectangular layout. St Paul's was also the first church designed by the dynamic partnership of Isi Metzstein and Andy MacMillan for the internationally renowned practice of Gillespie, Kidd & Coia. The interior contains a notable altar cross and Madonna by Scotland's leading sculptor of the period, Benno Schotz.