Kingsbarns Distillery and Visitor Centre
Kingsbarns Distillery and Visitor Centre is a historic building which has been beautifully restored and adapted. Built around 1800 as part of East Newhall Farm by Thomas Erskine, the ninth Earl of Kellie, the farm steading once serviced Cambo House and the Estate.
One of the most striking features of the building is the doocot which was originally a free-standing structure. With its Adam style crenulations and Gothic detailing, it looks like a miniature fortified tower.
The doocot was an important source of food for the estate, supplying the laird’s kitchen with meat and eggs. The sandstone masonry and lime harled exterior of the doocot have been carefully restored in the original style. Over 600 terracotta ‘doo boxes’ have been conserved and the pantiled roof replaced.
Open all year (closed 25/26 December and 1/2 January)
January & February and November & December: 11am - 4pm. First tour 11.30am, last tour 2.30pm.
March and October: 10am - 5pm. First tour 10.30am, last tour 3.30pm.
April - September: 10am - 6pm. First tour 10.30am, last tour 4.30pm.